Porcelain Veneers – Katy, TX
Correct Multiple Smile Flaws at Once
When you look in the mirror or at pictures of yourself, are your eyes drawn to your smile for all the wrong reasons? Do you have aesthetic imperfections in your smile that you wish would disappear? Luckily, your cosmetic dentist has the solution for you – porcelain veneers in our Katy, TX dental office. These ultra-thin porcelain shells are permanently attached to the front-facing portion of your teeth to correct multiple smile flaws. Not only can veneers last a decade or even longer, but they are incredibly stain-resistant and durable. If you think it’s high time you got the perfect smile you deserve, contact us to schedule a veneer consultation today!
Request An Appointment
Why Choose The Dental People for Porcelain Veneers?
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are super-thin sheaths of durable dental porcelain bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to mask all kinds of cosmetic flaws in your grin. The porcelain material perfectly recreates natural tooth enamel and how light bounces off it. Once your veneers have been placed, no one should even be able to tell you had dental work done!
Am I a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
- Small gaps
- Slightly rotated teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Stains or discoloration
Since veneers are a cosmetic treatment, it's recommended that your teeth and gums are in excellent condition before placing veneers. If you have tooth decay or gum disease, we must treat those issues first.
Question About Porcelain Veneers?
The Porcelain Veneers Process
After your initial veneer consultation with one of our dentists, plan on making two additional trips to our dental office. During the first visit, we will prepare your teeth by removing a tiny sliver of enamel. This will ensure that your veneers lay flat against your smile line. Then, we'll take impressions of your prepped teeth and send them to our dental lab, where your restorations will be crafted. In the meantime, we can let you take your new smile for a test drive by affixing you with temporary veneers. A few weeks later, your permanent ones will be ready. Return to our dental office, and we'll remove your temporary and place your permanent veneers. Your new smile will be good to go!
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
There are multiple advantages of enhancing your smile with porcelain veneers, such as:
- Whitening discolored teeth
- Straightening mildly crooked teeth (earning veneers the nickname “instant orthodontics”)
- Making chipped or broken teeth appear whole and healthy once again
- Increasing the size of short or worn-down teeth
- Concealing gaps or uneven spacing between teeth
- Lasting up to a decade or even longer with proper care
- Correcting multiple smile imperfections in just one treatment
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
While you can enjoy numerous benefits by improving your smile with veneers, you'll likely want to know about the overall cost. By knowing what to expect from the price range, you can have a stress-free experience while ensuring you won't have to reach deep into your pockets to afford the treatment. The best way to determine how much you'll pay is by visiting us for an initial consultation; that way, our team can discuss your smile goals and estimate your procedure's price. In the meantime, here are several factors and other cosmetic dental treatments to consider when looking into the cost of veneers in Katy!
A Brief Look at the Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
Although veneers are one of the most comprehensive solutions for a smile makeover, they aren’t the only cosmetic dental treatment out there. Before committing to anything, take a look at some of the more common options available so you can compare how they measure up when it comes to enhancing your pearly whites:
- Invisalign – As one of the quickest and most discreet ways of correcting misalignment issues, Invisalign may be a great option for straightening and improving your smile. However, if you’re unhappy with other dental flaws, such as chipped or stained teeth, then you won’t be able to address them with this treatment.
- Teeth whitening – This is a convenient and cost-effective solution to remove surface stains and discoloration. Whether you want to brighten your smile in the comfort of your home or about an hour in-office, we can provide the treatment you need to enhance your pearly whites! While you may be able to enjoy your results for several months to a few years, the procedure won’t change the size or shape of your teeth like veneers.
- Dental bonding – In just a single appointment, you can cover up most mild dental imperfections with dental bonding. We’ll use composite resin to sculpt your teeth into the ideal look, providing you with one of the most affordable solutions for an improved smile. Your results, however, may only last about 10 years before needing touchups, whereas veneers can go as far as 15 years or more with proper care.
- Veneers – Though these porcelain shells may be more expensive initially, they do offer the most comprehensive method for a smile makeover. Not only can they alter the shape, size, and minor alignment issues, but they’re also highly resistant to staining. This treatment can also be completed in as little as two visits, and you’ll be able to show off your dream smile for many years to come.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Dental insurance won’t typically cover veneers since they aren’t considered “essential” treatments. That said, this isn’t the only way you can make this option more convenient for you. Our team works with a third-party financier called CareCredit which offers plans that can break up the overall cost of veneers into more manageable monthly installments. On top of that, many of them come with little-to-no interest, so you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank to improve your smile! Feel free to speak with us to see if you qualify, and we’ll be glad to help you make the most of your budget.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
The number of veneers you’ll require will depend on the kind of changes you want to make in your smile. Our main priority will be for all of your visible teeth to match flawlessly, so we’ll ensure that you get the appropriate number to achieve your desired results. If you only have one tooth that’s mildly damaged or discolored, then you’ll likely only need one veneer. Other patients may require anywhere between 6 or 8 to complete their smile makeover. This will be discussed during your initial consultation, where our team will evaluate your dental situation and learn exactly how you want to improve your pearly whites.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers aren’t exactly considered a permanent cosmetic solution since they’ll need to be replaced eventually. The only part that’s irreversible in the treatment is the removal of a small amount of your enamel so that the porcelain shells can fit seamlessly. This material won’t grow back on its own, so your exposed teeth will need to be covered by either veneers or crowns going forward. Fortunately, your cosmetic results can potentially last 15 years or more with proper dental care.
Will I Still Be Able to Drink Coffee with Veneers?
Since porcelain is a non-porous material, your veneers will be highly resistant to staining and discoloration. This means that you won’t have to worry too much about consuming dark-colored drinks or foods, such as coffee or chocolate candy, as they’ll have a difficult time seeping into the surface. However, your veneers will not be stain-proof. Overindulging in coffee and other dark-colored foods too frequently can still cause discoloration over time. To avoid the negative impacts, try to limit how often you consume these beverages and meals.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
Some patients have reported experiencing difficulties with pronouncing certain words or sounds when first getting their veneers. This can result in a mild lisp, as the tongue may need to grow accustomed to the presence of the porcelain shells in the mouth. While this may be frustrating at first, your tongue should get used to your cosmetic dental work over time. It helps to practice pronunciations of more challenging words and phrases to help with this adjustment phase. By repeating the exercise often, you should be able to speak clearly with your veneers in no time!