Traditional Braces – Katy, TX
Correct Your Misaligned Teeth
If you have crooked teeth, you likely already know that the most attractive smiles are typically straight. But did you know that straight teeth are much easier to keep clean and healthy? Misalignment makes brushing and flossing more difficult and less effective, allowing plaque to build up in nooks and crannies throughout your mouth. Traditional braces from our Katy, TX orthodontist are a time-tested way to correct your misaligned teeth, helping you have better oral health and a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. To learn more about traditional braces, contact our office!
Request An Appointment
Why Choose The Dental People for Traditional Braces?
Same-Day Urgent Care Available For Emergencies
How Do Traditional Braces Work?
What Orthodontic Issues Can Braces Fix?
If the jaws don’t come together, you find issues like overbites, underbites, and crossbites. This can distract from your overall appearance and make speaking, eating, and moving your jaw more difficult. Traditional braces, sometimes paired with elastics, can guide the jaws into alignment for a perfect bite.
Crowded & Crooked Teeth
When teeth are crooked, overlapping, uneven, or crowded, they can easily trap plaque and bacteria, making it easier to develop oral health problems like cavities, gum disease, and oral infections. Traditional braces can be used to realign your smile to perfection.
Gaps between the teeth often make adults feel insecure. They also put your teeth at a higher risk of becoming damaged. Traditional braces can guide your teeth closer together to give you a more uniform smile.
Question About Traditional Braces?
- We will take impressions of your teeth and create a personalized treatment plan.
- Then, we’ll attach the brackets to your teeth and put the wire in place. You’ll get to choose the color of the rubber bands.
- When you have your braces placed, we will provide clear instructions for taking care of your braces and teeth so that you enjoy the best results and fewer problems during treatment.
- You will come into our Katy dental office every several weeks for an adjustment, where we’ll change the tension on the wire and ensure that you’re progressing according to plan.
- You will likely feel soreness for a day or two after your adjustment, but it will subside.
- We’ll remove the braces when treatment is complete, leaving you with a beautifully straight smile!
Caring for Your Braces
- Brush twice, floss, and rinse with mouthwash every day.
- Use a threaded flosser or water flosser to clean beneath your wires.
- Stay away from foods that are particularly hard or sticky.
- Don’t chew on hard objects or use your teeth as tools.
- See us for periodic checkups so we can monitor your treatment.